Hang on there...
Hang on there...
|Tournament Dates: 05/19/17 - 05/21/17
Ranking Season: 2015-2016
US Squash members can track the action during the event with the Live Scoreboard.
|Poly Prep Country Day School
9216 Seventh Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11228
Facility Phone: (718) 836-9800
Contact (click name to email): Meredeth Quick: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 720-235-5986
POLY PREP INFORMATION:
1. SITE CONTACT: Please contact Jamal Callender at 917-327-2919 with any questions throughout the weekend.
2. ENTRANCE AND PARKING INFORMATION: Poly Prep is located in Dyker Heights at 9216 Seventh Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11228. Please plan to park along 7th Ave (there is plenty of free street parking) and enter the school at the 7th Ave. entrance (1/4 mile from 92nd Street, near the back fields). Once you enter the school, please check in with the security guard and walk along the back fields (through baseball bleachers) to the Novogratz Center for Athletics entrance, where you will find the squash courts and registration on the first level.
3. FOOD: we will provide breakfast (bagels and muffins) and lunch (pizza) on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. If you would like other food, there are many options within walking distance (Dyker Bagels on 87th St and 7th Ave, and many other restaurants/delis on 4th ave, near 92nd st. - all within a 1/2 mile radius). Please also note that food is not permitted INSIDE the Novogratz Squash Center. We will have areas near the center for eating.
4. SHOWERS: We will not have showers or lockers available for players during the weekend.
Please note that there is a chance we will be starting the matches on Friday May 19th as early as 4PM.
Entry Deadline and Fees
Regular Tournament Entry is until 5/10/17 at 12:00pm, NOON EST at $100*
Late Tournament Entry is after 5/10/17 at 12:00pm, NOON EST at $120*
*Includes a non-refundable $10 processing charge per entrant.
Code of Conduct
Division and Player Start Times
How to Withdraw or Change Divisions in a Junior Bronze, Silver, Gold, JCT, or National Championship Tournament
If a player wants to either withdraw from a tournament or request to change divisions, follow the directions outlined below:
All of the Withdraw and Change Division Policies can be found by clicking here.
POLY PREP COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL:
9216 7th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11228.
Poly Prep Country Day School's main campus is located at the corner of Seventh Avenue and 92nd Street in Dyker Heights, Brooklyn.
The main entrance to our Dyker Heights' campus is on 92nd Street. The Squash Center (in the Novogratz Center for Athletics) is located near the athletic fields behind the school buildings, one-quarter mile south of the main entrance, on Seventh Avenue. Car, bus and van parking is also available on Seventh Avenue.
Click here for a Google map.
NOTE: All visitors must check in with security immediately upon arrival.
The closest subway to Poly Prep is the R train (Queens Boulevard/Broadway/4th Avenue Local).
You can transfer to the R from:
- the F train at 4th Avenue/9th Street
- the D or N trains at 36th Street, the N train at 59th Street
- the 2, 3, or 4 train at either Borough Hall or Atlantic Avenue/Pacific Street
Take the R train to the last stop at 95th Street-Fort Hamilton in Bay Ridge. Walk past the last car on the train and exit the platform using the last stairway. You will exit the subway on 4th Avenue. Walk north to 92nd Street and turn right on that street. Walk about five blocks, crossing over the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway, to 7th Avenue. Poly's 92nd Street entrance will be on your right.
From Points North (Bronx, Westchester, and Connecticut)
Take I-87 (if coming from the west) or I-95 and the Bruckner Expressway (if coming from the east) south to the Triborough Bridge. After crossing the bridge, keep to the right and, after about a mile, exit onto the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278). Take the BQE for thirteen miles, passing all of the Manhattan bridges and continuing south into Brooklyn. Stay to the right when the BQE divides (around 60th Street), and continue for another two miles, exiting at 92nd Street-Fort Hamilton Parkway (Exit 17), the last exit before the Verrazano Bridge. At the light at the top of the ramp, turn left onto 92nd Street. Take a right at the next traffic light for Poly's 92nd Street entrance.
Take the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel and follow the signs for I-278 West. Stay to the right when the road divides (around 60th Street), and continue for another two miles, exiting at 92nd Street-Fort Hamilton Parkway (Exit 17), the last exit before the Verrazano Bridge. At the light at the top of the ramp, turn left onto 92nd Street. Take a right at the next traffic light for Poly's 92nd Street entrance or continue straight to Seventh Ave. and take a right. You can park anywhere on Seventh Ave and the entrance is near the athletic fields.
From the Belt Parkway (Long Island)
Heading west, take Exit 4, 14th Avenue-Bay 8 Street. At the light, turn left onto Cropsey Avenue and go two blocks to 14th Avenue. Turn left and continue around the golf course for about one-quarter mile. Fourteenth Avenue runs into 7th Avenue. Continue up 7th Avenue to 92nd Street. Take a left on 92nd Street. Poly's 92nd Street entrance is on the left at the first traffic light. 92nd Street entrance or continue straight to Seventh Ave. and take a right. You can park anywhere on Seventh Ave and the entrance is near the athletic fields, about 1/4 mile from 92nd St.
From Northern New Jersey through Staten Island
Take I-95 South to the New Jersey Turnpike. Take Exit 13 to the Goethals Bridge. Cross into Staten Island and take I-278 East to the Verrazano Bridge (about seven miles). Cross the bridge and take the first exit, 92nd Street, Bay Ridge. At the light, turn right onto 92nd Street. Take a right at the next traffic light for Poly's 92nd Street entrance or continue straight to Seventh Ave. and take a right. You can park anywhere on Seventh Ave and the entrance is near the athletic fields, about 1/4 mile from 92nd St..
Please plan to use the street parking along Seventh Ave. There may be open space in the school parking lots, but if not, there is usually plenty of street parking on Seventh Ave. or 92nd St.
Best Western Gregory Hotel ( located in Bay Ridge about a 1/2 mile from Poly Prep )
8315 4th Avenue
Brooklyn, New York, 11209-4412, US
Toll Free Reservations: